Coppersafe dosing directions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my quaranteen tank is all set up, and I have two clowns in there with ich which are being treated with Coppersafe.

The instructions on the bottle say to add 5 ml per 4 gallons, but doesn't say how often to do this.

I added the proper dosage last night at 8pm. When do I add more? Is this 5ml's per 4 gallons every day??? I read the pamplet that was in the box, but it didn't say either.

Ideas??

Thanks,
Todd

Coppersafe is chelated copper and should stay in solution for upto 30 days. Theoretically, you should only have to dose once...but to be sure, you should buy a chelated copper test kit (Kordon makes one) and test. Add as necessary to maintain a copper level of .15-.20 ppm.

when we used it the pet store told us to never put another full dose in after that. and they should look better after 3 days . if they don't put half the dose in .good luck. it worked well for us.

Got it - thanks!! I have a copper test now - is the chelated copper test different? Are there two products out there?

Thanks again!!

Todd

Yes a regular copper test will not give an accurate reading for chelated copper. I would not dose again without testing, doing so is very dangerous to your animals, at higher than therapuetic levels, copper is poisonous to your fish, it is also deadly to any invertabrates in the tank.

The box or pamphlet mentions somewhere that you only have to replace if you do a water change. You then only add back a dose that correlates to amount of water changed. I'll try and find it when I get home today.

HoopsGuru said:
The box or pamphlet mentions somewhere that you only have to replace if you do a water change. You then only add back a dose that correlates to amount of water changed. I'll try and find it when I get home today.

I found some good info on the manufacturer's website. You're right - you only have to add more when you do water changes.

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom