Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ah I do not know what parameters is but I have been running the tank for a month and a half. I believe the I problem was from stress and under eating. The person I go to for fish is always helpful with me telling me what to get and what not to get or do.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #12
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well, you need to get yourself a simple API master test kit. You need to know where your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are. Your fish are probably stressed from elevated ammonia and nitrite levels, which is toxic. Normally, we cycle our tanks for about a month with an ammonia source to build up the bacteria to ensure this doesn't happen prior to adding fish.

Since you already have fish, there isn't a need to panic. Pick up an API master test kit so you can test those 3 levels. You want to keep ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate under 40. Those are safe levels for your fish. To keep those in check, when you see them elevated do a water change.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #13

My mom got me the water checking thing you said 2 days ago when I noticed this. I checked the nitrate leveled they were good but I forgot to check the ammonia levels.

I have only been doing fish tanks for a year now so I am still new at this but I am happy you guys are helping I will get back to you with the results tomorrow after noon if I can.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please test everything and let us know tomorrow.

You really are maxed out on fish for that size tank. That Coral Beauty could very well have future problems. Your tank is about half the size that it should be in. Stress causes problems and fish in all tanks will very likely be stressed. Glad to hear the eye is doing better though.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #15

I noticed I haven't been posting for a while but my coral butey died a few weeks back due to a fungus infection. But I now have 3 chromises with my 2 clowns.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear about the loss. My suggestion would be to get fish that will thrive in a tank your size. Check out liveaquaria for recommended tank sizes. I feel that most issues that people have with fish are from poor water conditions and/or stress from being in a "too small" tank.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #17

I did get 3 new chromises but I'm having problems with them and I talked about it in another thead.

Tags
bubble, coral, eye

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com