Coral angle fish bubble eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kfishfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed my coral beauty eye has a bubble in it what do I do and is this normal and will go away on its own?

The water levels are all normal . The fish swims and acts fine like he always does, I think it just healing its self from a eye injury.e

I've had a damsel that actually lost his eye but the others have gotten well by themselves.

The swelling has gone down I placed a anti bacteria fish safe stuff in the tank and its working.

Illness like pop-eye are caused by stress and parameter changes. There isn't any medicine you can put into your display tank that will solve an underlying issue. If it isn't a parameter issue, how large is the tank? Might be stressed from lacking room to swim.

I just fed him and his eye seems to be shrinking back to nor,al and he is eating more now. He now is staring to come out of his cave and swim around. I believe what ever is happening to him is disappearing and I would like to keep positive replies on things I can do to help.

Glad to hear your coral beauty is doing better. What are you current tank parameters and size of your tank btw? Hopefully it was just stress from being newly introduced to your tank, but sometimes in saltwater things can snowball so you want to make sure you are ontop of them.

He acually just started today to go up and eat the food instead of scavenging for it. My tank size is 29 gallons with 2 clown fish,a grandma, and the coral buety it's self.and also 8 lbs of live rock.

Well, def capped out on fish in a 29. Slightly light on the LR side of things, but it can be expensive and can be added gradually. It would help maintain parameters easier, as smaller tanks like 29s don't have much wiggle room for error. I had troubles with my 36 bowfront keeping things in line for several months.
Have you tested any parameters? How long has the tank been set up?

Ah I do not know what parameters is but I have been running the tank for a month and a half. I believe the I problem was from stress and under eating. The person I go to for fish is always helpful with me telling me what to get and what not to get or do.

Well, you need to get yourself a simple API master test kit. You need to know where your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are. Your fish are probably stressed from elevated ammonia and nitrite levels, which is toxic. Normally, we cycle our tanks for about a month with an ammonia source to build up the bacteria to ensure this doesn't happen prior to adding fish.

Since you already have fish, there isn't a need to panic. Pick up an API master test kit so you can test those 3 levels. You want to keep ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate under 40. Those are safe levels for your fish. To keep those in check, when you see them elevated do a water change.

My mom got me the water checking thing you said 2 days ago when I noticed this. I checked the nitrate leveled they were good but I forgot to check the ammonia levels.

I have only been doing fish tanks for a year now so I am still new at this but I am happy you guys are helping I will get back to you with the results tomorrow after noon if I can.

Please test everything and let us know tomorrow.

You really are maxed out on fish for that size tank. That Coral Beauty could very well have future problems. Your tank is about half the size that it should be in. Stress causes problems and fish in all tanks will very likely be stressed. Glad to hear the eye is doing better though.

I noticed I haven't been posting for a while but my coral butey died a few weeks back due to a fungus infection. But I now have 3 chromises with my 2 clowns.

Sorry to hear about the loss. My suggestion would be to get fish that will thrive in a tank your size. Check out liveaquaria for recommended tank sizes. I feel that most issues that people have with fish are from poor water conditions and/or stress from being in a "too small" tank.

I did get 3 new chromises but I'm having problems with them and I talked about it in another thead.

Back
Top Bottom