Coral beauty angel breathing heavy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I've had my coral beauty angel in quarantine for about 8 days now. So today I performed a water change and about 2 hours after I noticed my coral beauty was breathing heavy. I thought this may be due to stress so I turned off all the lights. I'm starting to worry as I don't know why he maybe be doing this. I tested the water after the water change and these were the results:

ph: 8.0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate: 0
Phosphate: 0
Temp: 25.5
Salinity: 1.022 (my Lfs keeps there fish at around 1.020 - 1.021 so I acclimate them to a lower salinity in qt and slowly raise it)
Alkalinity: at least 8.5dkh

I'm completely stumped as to why the sudden change he's always been so curious swimming around breathing fine. But now he's breathing heavy and is in the top corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The fish is now lying on the bottom of the tank and breathing heavy

As I posted in your other thread regarding your coral beauty, this wouldn't be the cause of parameter issues as a small water change wouldn't have placed them all at 0.
I'd suspect either bullying behavior and stress first. After that, it is simply possible that it was a sick fish to begin with. This is quite possible as it took forever to get it to eat.
Sadly, if he is on the bottom of the tank it is most likely beyond the point of recovery.

There is no other fish in the tank. Do I'm guessing it may of been a sick fish all along

Back
Top Bottom