Coral Beauty Angel help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghettopunch187

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up a coral beauty angelfish today. the tank was dimly lit and i was in a bit of a hurry :? Well when i got him home i noticed his tail looks kind of tore up. What could the problem be and what can i do to fix it? It is in a FO tank. I dont have a QT either. Other inhabitants i have are 1 10" snowflake eel and one 3" 3 striped damsel. The angelfish is a little bit bigger than the damsel.

i have 2 tanks connected by 2 tubes, i put the damsel and the eel on one side and blocked the tubes up with slurpee cups lol. both tanks have their own filters, PH's, and heaters. The side with the eel and damsel has a protein skimmer.

wow i want to see pics of your tanks that sounds neat!

Could be fin and tail rot (Fins are usually folded or closed. Fins and tail appear ragged and split and may eventually erode to body of fish. Secondary fungal infections may occur). Or it could be stressed and bumping into live rock, or a territorial fish could have nipped at it. Melafix would be my suggestion if it worsens.

its tail fin is just ripped up, could have had an aggresive tank mate at the pet shop or something. its also a little frayed on the fin that runs along the back, but is maybe its supposed to be like that?

melafix is a good treatment,and it makes your tank smell really nice :p ,word of warning though some soft corals dont like it,african blue been one of them,it melted mine i was gutted :wink:

Yes, the Best thing for Regeneration of fin is adding Vitamin additves to you system. I had a Powder Blue with that same problem & after adding Vita-Chem every other day for 2 weeks, it was back to normal. Also, it would be great to continue the dosage weekly afterwards since I find it that it enhances their color & prevent Lateral Head disease & Hold in Head. :D

Back
Top Bottom