Coral beauty not eating.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephanie

Aquarium Advice Regular
My coral beauty has been in a QT tank for about a week now. It was believed to have marine velvet. The fish has never stopped swimming or acting normal, but it was scratching a lot and constantly going up to the cleaner shrimp. I also saw some white spots in the beginning. Anyway, it hasn't eaten much since its been in the QT tank and most of the time it doesn't eat at all. Is this disease related even though there aren't really anymore signs of the disease? Or is this stress related? I don't want the fish to wither away so is there anything that I can do?

P.S. I have been closely monitoring the water and doing changes when needed.

I don't know too much about diseases but i know my coral beauty doesn't eat too much prepared food(flakes, frozen stuff, etc). It mostly just eats junk off the live rock and off the sides of the glass. Maybe thats what he has a taste for and there isn't any in the QT.

Just my two cents. 8)

-Dan

It sounds stress related to me. If the angel was eating well before the move and now doesn't...it is most likely from the move. Unfortunately your in a bad situation, you really shouldn't move the fish back yet, but it may not eat in the q-tank. Is there any food that the angel just really went nuts for?

The coral beauty really likes brine shrimp and this other frozen food that has a mixture of shrimp and algae in it. Thats what I've been feeding but its not helping. :( This fish would always eat the most out of all my other fish in the tank too, no matter what I was feeding. It still has two more weeks in the QT tank so I don't know what to do. Its a pretty barren tank, but it has a pvc pipe that the fish hangs out in all the time. Should I put more decorations in there or something?

also, soaking the brine shrimp in garlic oil usually helps stimulate
that appetite.

Back
Top Bottom