coral beauty not eating,any suggestions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownface

Aquarium Advice Regular
i got this guy in a 10qt tank, 3 week of 1.009 the last 4 days he hasent touched a thing i put in there,i tried prime reefflake,cyclepeze,frozenformula 2 he was eating fine the first 2 weeks now he is getting a thin stomach,my waterparmrs are
amm=0
nitrite=.025 afterwaterchanges 0
natrate=10
ph=8.1 i also soaked the food in garlic nothing seems to help

If you mean your SG is 1.009, you may want to work on that. Norm is 1.021 to 1.025.

My coral beauty likes mysid shrimp, you could give that a try. I would definitely raise your SG, but do it slowly as to not shock everything in the tank. Good luck with everything.

CLown
Are you doing hypo I assume on the fish? Does he show any signs of disease? If not then why not start bring the salinity back up??

he was scratching and had a few white spots so i put him into hypo 2an d1/2 weeks ago, has 1 white spot left i wanted to do a full 3 weeks but i dont know if he will make it

Lower salinity should be less stressful on fish and also help their appetite. If it paid frozen cyclopeeze no attention the only thing I can think of is live brine.

i tried the flake cyclepeeze and he ate it but now he comes yp to it and just swims right buy it

I'd try raising you sg slowly to bring him back to health before you lose him. They say no more .02 per week, but I think you're safe raising it .02 every 3 days. The ick seems like it's dying off now, so keep him in the qt until it's completely gone. But if it doesn't go away, you can always start another cycle of hypo or copper treatment. He should start eating once you get him back in sw range. Good luck with the angel, they're finnicky little buggers.

Back
Top Bottom