Coral Beauty white spot/scratch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natelb44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425867598.523780.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425867621.722798.jpg
What is wrong with my coral beauty?

I have had this coral beauty about a month now and it is still eating like normal and have not noticed any ich looking spots. If you cannot tell it also has a split in the rear fin I am wondering if this could be a tank mate? I have not seen any scuffles with the tank mates yet so that is why I'm not sure what is causing this. I have not seen it scratching against the rocks or acting weird in anyway either.

The parameters are normal and this is a 56 gallon aquarium and there are two other fish. One is a purple pseudochromis and the other is a blue damsel which has always been a pretty peaceful tank mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not a definitive answer, but I would look up pics of marine head lateral line erosion (HLLE) to see if it matches what you have. There's debate about the cause but diet and stray voltage seem to be common ideas.

blurry picts don't help much
is it white spot or a scratch that looks white"?
could be a few things but I would lean towards a scuff from scraping up against the rocks
my coral beauty , flame angel , and bi-color angel all dart in and out of rocks it's just their nature ,

Could be a tank mate. Careful though, may be the beginnings of fin rot (bacterial infection).

Back
Top Bottom