Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to spongeynip
Coral behaving oddly, help!

I don't know if this should go in the sick coral forum, because I don't know if it is sick. Today my Green Star polyps didn't open at all. I have no idea, but yesterday I did add more ls and did a water change right after (to avoid ammonia problems) and everything closed up. But the orange zoo's were perfectly fine, and I've had them both for a little over a month now with no problems. I also do a water change every 2 weeks to re-add trace elements. My camel shrimp did sit on it the day before all day, and i watched him, but I didn't catch him nibbling at all. I found a very small musell on it today too. Is there something strange here I'm not noticing? Or do I need to start adding trace elements? Or just give it time? Please HELP!

-thanx,
Trent

Old 03-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Time.....

Old 03-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Give it time. How are your water paramters after the LR addition? Keep an eye on that camel as well, they are notorious coral nippers. If all parameters are in check, I agree with Thumper...time...
Old 03-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'll agree with the above posts. All my inverts were quite upset when I added my new sand, until the tank cleared, then they were fine.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The stars are hearty. They should start to emerge again soon. They will be fine even if they stay closed up for a few days. Just wave any collecting detrius off them if they remain closed for more than a day or two.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:26 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

it's really really hard to kill star polyps. I've got some growing behind my rock where there isn't hardly any light.

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com