Coral feeding how?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zakwhite

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ow do I feed my coral and what with links would be helpful please if possible pic attached think its a mushroom coral

Attachments

• image-1722306395.jpg
    image-1722306395.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 83
that appears to be a leather coral. i would not feed it anything. they are photosynthetic and require adequate lighting, but nothing more. judging by that rock it's on, you have plenty of nutrients in the water. i would focus on keeping the water as pristine as i could, cutting back on feeding, water changes..etc.

mr_X said:
that appears to be a leather coral. i would not feed it anything. they are photosynthetic and require adequate lighting, but nothing more. judging by that rock it's on, you have plenty of nutrients in the water. i would focus on keeping the water as pristine as i could, cutting back on feeding, water changes..etc.

Water changes weekly 15% it's the algae that is turning into the red stuff forgot its name water is crystal clear

mr_X said:

Oh sorry I meant leather whoops is there a special name for it or anything or is there to many

cyanobacteria? it's from excess nutrients, as is the green algae. try feeding every other day for a while. twice a week isn't too little.

Back
Top Bottom