Coral issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helios

Aquarium Advice Activist
My zoa keep dying. :( My trumpet, toadstool, duncan, and mushrooms are doing great but for whatever reason I can't keep zoa alive. I've tried them in different areas of the tank and with different water flows etc. Ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tell us about your system.

Lights filtration flow ect. Also what are your water parameters? Have you tested recently?

30 gallon tank

Filter:
1 - Aquaclear 50 gallon HOB filter
1 - Aquaclear 30 gallon HOB filter

Flow:
1 - Aquaclear powerhead 175 gph
1 - Aquaclear powerhead 270 gph

Lighting:
Mainland Reef LED strip light
Blue lights 8:00-9 am
Full lights 9-8 pm
Blue lights 8-9 pm

Water parameters:
Sg - 1.024
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10
pH - 8.4

25% water change using RO and instant ocean brand salt (orange bag) every other week

Tank began as a 10 gallon, was up for 4 months. Moved houses, upgraded to the 30. Has been up and running for 8 months.

All other coals and animals are doing well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How many zoas do you have? If your light is Marineland then that is the cultprit. Your other corals require less intensity while zoas needs more than what you have now.

Look for zoa eating nudibranchs. They tend to take on the coilor of the zoa they are eating.
BerghiaEatingThreeAiptasia.jpg

That is so funny because I had a few hitchiker nudis come in on floridaliverock just like those I left in the tank cause I thought they were pretty. I sold all that rock and have since started over but some poor soul out there may have them.

Back
Top Bottom