Coral issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

demotaz7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an anemone that seems to have issues, but idk, im farely new to them. I have a total of 3, and the other 2 seem just fine. As far as lighting and placement i was under the impression he moved himself. He has moved up and down a lil, and there are days here and there he looks good. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1472942629800.jpg
    1472942629800.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 106
For starters, anemone aren't corals.
They have the ability to move around until they find a 'happy place' which can be defined by the flow and lighting in the system.
With that said, they are very sensitive creatures and if not acclimated well can be stressed. They also need very intense lighting to survive due to the photosynthetic needs.
To be of any assistance, you'll need to tell us more about the system to include current parameters and what kind of lighting is supporting the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

LED lighting
Parameters are all in check
I bought the live rock w/ 3 anemones already attatched....the other 2 are doing great....just concerned about the one

Sent from my SM-N920T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are also a bunch of sharp jagged areas on the rock, idk if that may b an issue with him being able to move. The entire rock was acclimated after i bought it.

It shouldn't be an issue at allin terms of the rock being jagged.
I'd recommend doing some research in terms of anemone care. This is especially so due to not all LED lighting being created equal. LEDs can support anemone, but many are not intense enough of lighting to support them.

I have 2 others of the same type doing just fine

That might be, but anemone are living creatures that have individual preferences in terms of what they like. The unfortunate part is that they don't have a brain and struggle with figuring it all out and don't always make the best decisions.

If your anenome is not already dead I would suggest not touching. set it up with a moderate amount of water flow and lots of light and feed it if looks ok at that moment. however in the future It would be good to avoid anenomes until you have a good amount of experience because they are over all just a pain. I would focus more on those star polyps you got on that rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom