Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

my alk was at 107ppm so I was hoping that was the cause. Correcting it really seamed to help the sinularia.

I'm positive there is no snail munching on the polyps but I will keep a closer eye out. The stalks seem more like they are decaying rather than being picked at or eaten.

I'm afraid I don't have any pics but they are light brown w/ a small green center. There was a large set (which are done) and a smaller set (I'm still hoping they make it). the larger ones were about 1/2 - 3/4" and the smaller ones are about 1/4" in diameter.

I think fraging might be a good idea to hedge my chances a bit... but I'm worried though cause I don't want to screw up the set that is still alive.

My lemnalia doesn't look great either. I'm going to try moving it around some more tonight.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Okay so I took electikat's advice and watched the tank w/ just the moonlights on. I noticed some tentacles coming out of the lr near both of the unhappy corals. I'm not sure what the tentacles are coming from but one set is on one side of the tank and there is another set on the opposite side of the tank. I've noticed them before but never noticed them extend out so far.

Could these tentacles be the culprit? They are long and thin and I couldn't see what they were actually attached to. When I poked them with my feeding stick they retracted back into their hole.

To be safe I moved my corals around away from them but does anyone have any clue what the tentacles are or if they could be the problem?

Thanks!!

Old 04-19-2005, 10:13 PM   #13
steve-s

More than possible. You should also inspect for Aeolid nudibranchs.

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

How can I get rid of the tentacle things? Joe's juice?
Old 04-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

add coral boost you can buy it from premium aquatics or that pet place. You wont belive the deference it makes until you try it.

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com