Coral pest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regan_tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
So at night I've been looking at my reef tank and I see little sea stars small bugs and worms not like bristle worms but black and white striped worms I would take pictures but there so small they won't show up on camera how are some ways I can get rid of these pest?

Get a 6 line wrasse or try and remove them with tweezers.

I wouldn't risk anything that looks like a fireworm and with white stripes it may be a relative of the fireworm. I'm not saying its a definite pest but personally I wouldn't risk it.

I got coral rx today is that really gonna take care if the problem or will they just re populate

I got coral rx today is that really gonna take care if the problem or will they just re populate
Coral RX is for dipping corals, not for adding to the tank. figure out what they are before you start killing things. Tiny starfish are completely harmless and eat leftover food and detritus. they are good to have.

I know you don't add it to the tank I'm not that dumb haha. But no I have see some red bugs or the aefw on my monti frags and they have been bleaching

You have seen red bugs or flatworms? What do you mean? Both? I don't see red bugs on montipora. A coral can bleach from many things. I would look through that link and figure out exactly what's crawling around.

Reading through your other threads you have t8 bulbs and you don't really do water changes? If that is correct that could be the cause. Also, red bugs and acropora eating flatworms don't harm montis. Just acros

Back
Top Bottom