Coral safe ick meds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks mr x I should have done it rapidly. I went from 1.025-1.018 in one night then I took it down to 1.015 next I was planning to take it down more but ran out of r/o. Was gonna do it tonight.

Why did you lower the salinity the cupramine should handle the problem I don't think you should be doing both pick one and go with that.

I stopped the meds and did water changes. The clown didn't have any symptoms until 2 days after I started the meds he seemed to get bad fast too. When I saw him loose his color i started this. I already lost 2 tangs. I just wanted to try to save him. He seems a little better now. So far so good anyway.

The clown was already infected, long before you put him in QT and started meds. The transfer and the meds stressed him and lowered his immune system, likely. Keep the qt water stable and provide a low stress environment. Low light, not a lot of movement around the tank. I wrapped the sides and back of my qt with a dark aquarium background.

I bet adjusting the salinity that fast stressed him too. Never do anything that fast! Everything must be done super slowly.

I would think since he didn't show signs before you QT'd him that he'll be fine if you keep everything stable.

Back
Top Bottom