Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-17-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Exclamation Coral vite overdosed my biocube14

I have a biocube 14 and it was my firs time dosing I barley got coral and I decided to dose I tried to add just a little bit of drops and accidentally squirted too much and 1 hour later all my corals were closed I did a 20% water change and I'm running carbon and cheato plz I need help will this go away with time and will my coral frags make it
The thank parameters are perfect
Frags are :
Hammer
Frogspawn
Xenia
Candy cane
Gonipora

Plz hopefully the make it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	228510  

Old 03-17-2014, 05:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just a quick tip don't ever dose what your not testing for I don't know if you did or not but just saying also what me x has told me has now stuck " the solution to your pollution is dilution" keep up the water changes hopefully it will go away

Old 03-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Coral vite overdosed my biocube14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylb View Post
Just a quick tip don't ever dose what your not testing for I don't know if you did or not but just saying also what me x has told me has now stuck " the solution to your pollution is dilution" keep up the water changes hopefully it will go away

+1, that's good advice. Also you do not need to dose for that coral load. Wc's are all you need to replenish elements. You need to be very careful with nanos when adding anything to your tank. Don't know if your getting advice from a lfs, but I would start to ask here before you do things, there are lots of members willing to share there experience, knowledge, and let you learn from there mistakes.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thakyou best advice the solution for the pollution is dilution and can i just leave it like that and the coral eventually use it up i am also getting a lot of algae in sand bed and glass in in the process of removing all sand from my biocube
Old 03-18-2014, 12:42 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppylover101 View Post
the solution for the pollution is dilution

This means do water changes. You'll find that pretty much no matter your problem in this hobby, at least part of the solution will be doing wc's. I think you missed the other equally important piece of advice "don't add anything to the tank that you are not testing for"
Old 03-18-2014, 02:14 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well thanks i lost my euphylilias but still hsve the rest doin fine specially my xenia it loves it

Tags
bio, biocube, coral, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com