Corals closed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Picaso

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi the phosphate levels in my tank was 1.0 so I added some phosphate and silicate remover to my external filter and after 1 week tested my water phosphate levels was 0.2 a lot better but my corals have closed up is this just shock ? They open a little but that's it I don't understand my water is good what could it be i have removed the phosphate remover from my filter please help

Attachments

• image-529336778.jpg
    image-529336778.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image-1841149314.jpg
    image-1841149314.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image-3487798412.jpg
    image-3487798412.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image-533648852.jpg
    image-533648852.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1243331363.jpg
    image-1243331363.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 127
those all look like toadstools, am i correct? they could be sloughing, but since its all at the same time im thinking there is another problem.

what are you amm, trIte, and trAte readings? if you could post them that would be great.

like fishfan stated it does look like some large fish are in a small tank(looks like a scopas tang, tomato clown, and the coral beauty), which could definitely be a problem, what size tank is it? and whats the stocking list looking like?

iDreamInSaltwater said:
in the last picture? i think its a scopas tang

a 250G you say? well im jealous, and now stocking doesnt seem like your problem, unless its a super-tall tank

I only have 4 fish in there a brown tang a clown fish a coral beauty and a butterfly fish not a foxface

it's a relatively new 60 gallon tank. it's going to be an ongoing battle trying to keep good parameters. 5 decent sized fish i count.
water changes with good source water (R.O.D.I.) and perhaps lightening the bio load would be the route i would take.

If it is 250 litres then you have a problem with the tang. A pretty big one. I wouldn't recommend you putting a tang in anything other than a 6 ft. Plus tank.

mr_X said:
it's a relatively new 60 gallon tank. it's going to be an ongoing battle trying to keep good parameters. 5 decent sized fish i count.
water changes with good source water (R.O.D.I.) and perhaps lightening the bio load would be the route i would take.

Thanks will do i have also got hold of some nice live rock but it has been bleached would this be any good to start a new tank with ? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom