corals not fully open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know guys it is hard but what can be the reason most off my corals are not fully open,specially few zoas,mushrooms,xenia,colt. I have 90.gal tank.Water parameters are; salnity-1.024, amonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-5 ph-8.4, alkalinity-3.0, calcium-400, phosfate-0.1, using RO-DI.Can you help me,please!!!

Did you just recently change out your bulbs? I know sometimes when you finally change your bulbs they might close up until they adjust to the new lighting?...

What tank said is true. Normally if going from a lower wattage or output to a higher one, you ease the tank inhabitants into the new higher output lighting by running it for say 3 hours monday 4 hours tues and wednesday 5 hours thurs 6 hours friday... That is an example I dont know if that is too quick or too slow. I guess it would depend on how much the lighting itself has changed.
I have a question for you.
Do you have powerheads and are the corals getting enough flow?

My tank is drilled.I have two external pomp1190 gal per hour each. one for sump another for circulation.Im sure there is enough flow.

Do you have anyway to place GAC in a spot that might help remove something we can not test for? Do you have any leathers that might be using chemical warfare? I would try some Carbon (GAC).

Mine is drilled as well and its a 75 I have 2 koralia 3s You should look into getting two or maybe even 4s would be needed for the amount of flow that you need. Look more into water flow there was a post on here about the movement that it gives you in your tank and how much and what not. I believe this might be your issue. Just having an external pump to pump the water back into the tank is not enough flow. You need some powerheads to circulate water within the main tank more.

I;m sorry Melosu but what is GAC.Is it carbon? I have filter sock in the sump.Maybe i can throw some carbon in there?

Our test kits can test for certain things like ammonia, nitrates and etc. There are certain tests that we dont have so that`s why I suggest carbon to remove it. As far as the chemical warfare Leathers when encroached upon will wage a chemical warfare to back the other corals off.

Back
Top Bottom