Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2016, 03:39 PM   #11
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

These battles can take a long time. If nitrates are 100, for example, a 50% water change will bring them down to 50.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

My nitrates and nitrites are all down at 0 right now so I don't think that's the problem, I'll just wait it out I think.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:36 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter-huntsman View Post
So it's been a day since the change how long will it take for the change to be apparent. Also read some where that the brown color could be from to much nuetrients, so I'm going to stop feeding it brine shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi there .
how long will it take can depend on lots of things could take weeks may take months as long as you can keep on top of things and keep things stable you should see the results eventually you just need to be patient until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2016, 12:32 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

So far everything is fine with my star polyp, it's becoming more full now. But my acan seems to be getting worse and I can't tell if what it's doing is normal or not, it keeps shrinking and its edges are turning white.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465270234.325749.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	287235 what I don't know is what to do. I also have a bad feeling that it's dying, but I still don't know why. It could be that there is a feather duster that made a home between the heads of the coral.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:26 AM   #15
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

It does look in pretty rough shape. What are the parameters? Though I'd normally look towards LPS coral not inflating to be related to alkalinity, I'd be more inclined to think the nitrates/phosphates are still at hand here if I'm remembering this all correctly.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I just did a water change last week though, everything else is doing better as well. Could it be getting to much light now that I have the tank light on from 11am to 10:30 pm? I would have thought that if levels were still off that the star polyp would still be having problems
Old 06-18-2016, 12:58 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's a update, my acan is doing very well lately and the star polyp is showing more green strands things, still I would like to see it fully extended. Here's a quick question the star grew out onto a fake plant, and when I moved the plant to clean it, it pulled that piece of coral off with it. I have left it attached but have not moved it from the tank, should I get rid of it? I don't want more of this coral in my tank.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:41 PM   #18
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You can remove the fake plant or have to remove the gsp from the plant. Gsp is a fast grower and can even become invasive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 06-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's a update. The scan has fully recovered its inflated it center area is a vibrant green I have not seen. The gsp is recovering slowly. I found out the problem was salinity. My meter was off by 4 so when I read 24 it was at 20. My meter now shows 28 which is 24. How long do you think it will take for the gsp to fully recover, it's been about 4 weeks and it's slowly recovering.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's how it looks now Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467128948.189289.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	287572 again this is after the 3 weeks when I first had the problem with the acan. Also here is a photo of it almost 5 months ago Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467129028.603399.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	287573 let me know if there is anything I can do to help its recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tags
coral, corals, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com