Cow horn fish love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffer_king77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think my two cow horned fish are in love or some thing because in my tank they are always next to each other and sometimes it almost look like there kissing are they in love ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427076829.418817.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427076860.334520.jpg there's both of them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG I had no idea these were possible in an aquarium!!!! I dove with these off of Eleuthera. Absolutely my fav fish species. How big of a tank do they need?

29g Community

3g Betta

OMG I had no idea these were possible in an aquarium!!!! I dove with these off of Eleuthera. Absolutely my fav fish species. How big of a tank do they need?

29g Community

3g Betta

they can grow upwards of 2 feet

Minimum Tank Size: 250 gallons Care Level: Difficult Temperament: Peaceful Reef Compatible: With Caution Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.020-1.025 Max. Size: 1' 8" Color Form: White, Yellow Venomous: Poisonous When Stressed or Dies Diet: Omnivore
Origin: Indo-Pacific Family: Ostraciidae

I had one of these before. Reef safe but I wouldnt have them in reef tank.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How long have you kept them? I've thought about it before and looked into them a few different times. I talk myself out of it each time before I get too invested in the idea though.

So, is this the same 55 gallon tank that you already have a dwarf lion, snowflake eel, and porcupine puffer in that you are having trouble getting to eat?

Yea, but No more eel as it jumped to its death. No puffer as I sold it back to LFS. Only thing left in that 55 are anemoes, one hosting Nemo and lion fish

Originally I had corals along with the puffer, but its eating habit proven to be too much for my corals. So I got rid of the puffer and setting up a new tank for my corals. I just foUnd corals to be alot nore desirable then the puffer.

Later I got a super 8 puffer, but it got eaten by one of the anemones in less then a week. I went thru some trials and errors with my 55g

your still doing trial and error
you need to research on things you want size tank required ect
you do realize those 2 cows will out grow that 55g in less than a year .
I hope your prepared to get a bigger tank in the very near future
most fish stores wont buy back super large fish so you need to keep this in mind
if your not prepared for the long run I suggest you return them soon
super large fish are almost impossible to rehome and I doubt any public aquarium would take them in

Lol, I think u mistaken me with the original poster.

He is the one with 2 cow puffer in a
tank.

I had one puffer in 55g before, but no longer the case.

Back
Top Bottom