Crazy Heni's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
1 more week to go for my 2 Heni's in qt. They are a trip, especially the little one.
At feeding time they see me coming and start pacing back and forth very fast. As I open the top, they are there ready to pounce. Tonight as I was taking a pinch of dry food towards the water, the little one brought his face and inch out of the water and grabbed some right out of my fingers.
:lol: :D
They are the friendliest and boldest fish I have yet to see, especially the little one.

I can't get a good shot. I went through 16 shots this morning and this is the best I could do. They never sit still. :)
BTW, can anyone give me a positive ID whether they are Heniochus acuminatus or Heniochus diphreutes. I believe Heniochus d, but am not sure.
BTW, for those of you battling with sick fish, these guys were on deaths door a few weeks ago. Cloudy eyes, stopped eating, etc.
It can be done, hang in there. (y)

They look like Heni D's to me.. The Heni D's are more triangular and the Heni A's are rounded a bit more around the mouth..Although they look rather young to make a permanent decision.

Thats my thinking . The also have smaller mouths than other I have seen at the lfs. Not that I am planning a big reef, after all I do have an angel, but its nice to know.

From what I have read Heniochus diphreutes is mainly a plankton eater and Heniochus acuminatus is a coral nipper. The problem is they are so close in appearance that its hard to tell what you have especially when they are juveniles. I looked at a lot of Heni's when I decided to purchase and it indeed is hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom