cubicus boxfish stiiting on the bottom of my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronH

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi i have a cubicus boxfish and have got home from wrok today and have notied that he is just sitting on the sand bed this is not normall behaviour he is normally swimming around eating bits n bobs of the rock. i have checked all of my levels and they are nitrate 10 nitrite 0 ph 8 amonia 0. salt is 1.022 i am due to do a 10% water change tommorow and i have the water mixing and warming up as we type lol. this is the first i have noticed him being sick anyone no if this is a sign of bad things to come or weather it is normal behavour every once in a while ??

I'm afraid i am unfamiliar with boxfish and if that would be normal for them. I would try to look for a couple things. First signs of illness are usually labored breathing or iinflamed gills, spots or discoloration, cloudy eyes, not eating, aor problems staying level / trouble swimming. Keep an eye out for those and if you don't notice anything then i would just keep a close eye on him and not worry to much yet.

Back
Top Bottom