Cucumber?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Can anyone tell me what they think of cucumbers and whether or not they're worth getting and having..

Then can expell their guts and toxins if theatend or dieing. Other than that they just spend their days slowly moving around the sand bed eating and expelling sand.

I got one on some new rock. I thought I was going to squash him when putting 2 pieces together, so I got a little aggressive. I pulled the rock out and literally peeled him off of it. Luckily he didn't expel anything. WHEW I wouldn't reccomend it, but it worked for me. I wouldn't do it again it wasn't very nice on my part. :oops:

IME form working with them in the caribbean cucumbers depending on the species are pretty tolerant to being handled. FWIW While collecting them for pearlfish research I never had a cucumber expel its innards :)

Andrew

I was thinking about getting a yellow cuke, but now I'm not sure.. Are NudiBranches any better and what can you tell me about them?

I got two last year. One expelled within hours of being placed in the tank. I did a quick water change (about 10%) after fishing out the expelled 'stuff'. No fish died and although I expect the cuke to die, he is still alive and eating a ton. I'll post a pic when I get home.

Can anyone tell me what they think of cucumbers and whether or not they're worth getting and having
Well cucumbers are like a dark green.. they grow in gardens during the summertime.. Most ppl like them peeled but some don't.. IMO they really dont taste all that well. but they are supposed to be good for you.. Ppl use some cucumbers to make pickles out of too..

Anything else you want to know about them,
LOL
James

Back
Top Bottom