cucumber not sick yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently purchased a cleaning crew which came with a tiger tail sea cucumber. It did not occur to me that my gravel base would not be suitable for him. I have 2 UGFilters (one with a power head and one with a stone) that I'm not proud of but will be staying until I get a larger tank. Should I put some sand in an area for him? No one has bothered him but he has already spat out some of his organs. Is he doomed? Should I remove him? Only been in the tank for 24 hours. Thanks

Is he doomed? Should I remove him?

I don't think you can provide enough sand for him unless you replace all of it and then it will still not provide any food until it has matured. I would remove it immediately, maybe an LFS can put it in on of their established tanks.

That's what I was afraid of. That'll teach me to order something at 3 in the morning when I'm sick. My LFS has no live sand substrate. Anyone nearby want him? I'm a little south of Atlanta GA. I suppose the same goes for the Sand Sifting Sea Star?

Yeah, I think so not sure if the star can handle cc, but i doubt it. At any rate, no sand dwellers will do well with an UGF.

Back
Top Bottom