Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Cure for Ich?

My 12 gal. Nanocube has become infected with Ick. I have no idea how but it's there alright.

My clown has bitten the dust and the damsel is on it's last leg so I'm now wondering how to get rid of these parasites. (only had 2 fish)

The Damsel wont make it through the day so i am going to treat the tank by letting it cycle for 30 days and turning up the temp to 87 degrees.

I have a crab and a snail that I want to keep healthy so I don't want to use copper.

I also have 8lbs of LR that the crab eats from.

Will the cycle and the higher temp (along with no fish) kill the ich? Will it take that long to go bye bye?

Any suggestions?

hangzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry about your losses

86 is the ideal temp for marine ich to run out it's life cycle but I would not go over 83-84 with inverts in there; this should take 30 days but 5 weeks is safer. Actually, leaving the tank fishless kills the ich, it cannot keep reproducing without the host. In the mean time you can get your qt up as the main tank will be ready by the time new fish are finished 4 weeks in qt. Then you won't have to worry about ich
hey half the fun is dreaming it up!
srgetz is offline   Reply With Quote

cure, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com