Cure for Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hangzen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 12 gal. Nanocube has become infected with Ick. I have no idea how but it's there alright.

My clown has bitten the dust and the damsel is on it's last leg so I'm now wondering how to get rid of these parasites. (only had 2 fish)

The Damsel wont make it through the day so i am going to treat the tank by letting it cycle for 30 days and turning up the temp to 87 degrees.

I have a crab and a snail that I want to keep healthy so I don't want to use copper.

I also have 8lbs of LR that the crab eats from.

Will the cycle and the higher temp (along with no fish) kill the ich? Will it take that long to go bye bye?

Any suggestions?

Sorry about your losses :(

86 is the ideal temp for marine ich to run out it's life cycle but I would not go over 83-84 with inverts in there; this should take 30 days but 5 weeks is safer. Actually, leaving the tank fishless kills the ich, it cannot keep reproducing without the host. In the mean time you can get your qt up as the main tank will be ready by the time new fish are finished 4 weeks in qt. Then you won't have to worry about ich :wink:

Back
Top Bottom