cyano on the brain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brad.Sedore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my 8 gallon has had a crazy boom of cyano... i syphen it out and it grows back within 12 hours. completely covering the bottom... now its covering my green brain coral.. now ive im wondering.... can sucking the cyano off the brain damage the coral... any other ways to remove it?

How old is your tank? Post some readings. Any fish? I would use a turkey baster to gently blow the cyano off your brain coral.

I agree that I would blow all the cyano off of him. Siphon out as much as possible and remember that excessive nutrients are the culprit. Weekly PWC`s and less feedings for the tank will help.

i dont know if this helps but i got a bottle of coralite to kind of "boost" the growth of my live rock/corals because my rocks were turning white and it did brighten up the tank but it also seemed to just create cyano by the ounce! i dont know of your using any additives like that but if so id stop using it for a while too

Back
Top Bottom