Damsel in distress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hendy264

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased 3 x yellow tail damsels yesterday and slow dripped them,and introduced them to the tank. Two of them after 10 mins came out and swam about but the third who I noticed was a darker colour, stayed in a little I shot in one of the rocks. This morning I could not find number 3 the other two are swimming around as if they own the place.I pulled the rocks out of the way and found number 3 he is still a darker colour, so I have put him in to a bowl within the tank to see if he picks up a bit, I have cleaning crew a carpenter a couple of clowns (who are not concerned with the damsels) any ideas if this little fellow is ill !!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406898447.306092.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It looks like the caught one is not a YT damsel, bit a azure or Fiji blue. The later are not listed as a schooling fish and that could be the problem. Like clownfish, you may have a mated pair and they are trying to kill the interloper.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

and I will add that if you paid the price for yellow tail damsels, you got a deal as the Fiji damsels are usually roughly twice the price of yellow tails, at least in my area.
I have one and it's one of my favs.

Thanks for the reply people, but a bit too late for me, we returned him to the lfs as he would not "perk up" they put him into quarantine ans he has since died

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom