Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've been keeping my tank at 78º F, and the morning that the true percs were dropped off the it was 24º. Here in Vegas the temp ranges from upper 20's low 30's at night, and 40-50's in the day. There was only one heat pack in the box, and it had given up the ghost long before the fish arrived, they appeared dead, floating on their sides. I don't know if I acclimated too fast, or if it was simply too much stress for them, but within hours they had a fungus growing on their mouths, kind of like a small fu manchu, a couple of days later they were dead.

Liveaquaria gave me a store credit, and offered to ship two more once they got in two more of the same, so far they have been out of stock. The two I had were from Indonesia, and were the large size. Would I be better off with small, medium, or large. I figured larger fish would be hardier, not really sure about that though.

Bluezooaquatics has all sizes from the Solomon Islands, which I understand are the nicest specimens, but then I would have to pay shipping again.

Jared

Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

not sure on species but if it were me id go with sm/md just to watch them grow and live longer.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphendren View Post
Liveaquaria gave me a store credit, and offered to ship two more once they got in two more of the same, so far they have been out of stock....
I see LiveAquaria is still playing their games. My advice would be to convert that "store credit" to a full refund - they'll do it since they died within the 14 day window. If those were the only thing on your order, they'll refund shipping also. Problem with the whole "we'll ship when we get it in stock" is that you won't get any heads up that they're shipping. You'll just get an email notice that the package is on the way - no chance to reschedule when you want it delivered. Depending on your situation, you might have to scramble to be able to accept the shipment.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

you have a better place to order fish from Kurt? being completely legit, because LA is good and all but they have somewhat high prices and shipping is way more than other online stores i've seen.

i want to get a percula baby(or atleast a really small one) sometime in the future and no where around where i am has any. plus i just like roaming online stores
Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I ended up ordering two medium size true percs from liveaquaria, due to the fact that I would not have to pay shipping again. I'm not sure on that, do they refund shipping as well as the price of the fish if the fish die within 14 days? Anyways, hopefully these specimens do not get something right after opening the box LOL. I requested that they use more than one heat pack this time, as the last true percs I ordered arrived nearly frozen.

Jared
Old 01-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

good, hope everything works out!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

if your looking for a tiny clownfish corey, try blue zoo aquatics, they have all sizesand uou can get them .75 of an inch
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

i know i looked through yesterday, im gonna ask my LFS before i go and pay online for one though
Old 01-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDreamInSaltwater View Post
you have a better place to order fish from Kurt? ...
Not really. The few times I've ordered fish online, I haven't been very happy. Missing heat packs (like, none at all) and the lack of reliable info as to whether something is in stock or not has made me give up on LiveAquaria. I've just learned to be patient and wait for whatever I'm looking for to show up on my LFS's order sheet. I have several good ones around me that can order in pretty much whatever I want.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson View Post
Not really. The few times I've ordered fish online, I haven't been very happy. Missing heat packs (like, none at all) and the lack of reliable info as to whether something is in stock or not has made me give up on LiveAquaria. I've just learned to be patient and wait for whatever I'm looking for to show up on my LFS's order sheet. I have several good ones around me that can order in pretty much whatever I want.
lucky..

Tags
damsel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com