Damsel with lesions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GSXRDan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had this black and white striped damsel for about 2 and a half weeks. All was well until about 4 days ago when I noticed a white growth on the top tip of his tail. He wa still acting normal but today when I returned home I noticed another growth on his head and he is not eating like he normally does. I want to know what this could be. The other fish in the tank, 1 domino damsel and a lawnmower blenny, are fine. Whats up with it?

Could be a couple of issues but given the tank size, aggression between the two damsels will definately be a possibility. The other would be water quality and feedings. Could be a simple wound or bacterial.

What are your water parameters, how often do you do water changes and what/how often do you feed?

Cheers
Steve

Could you explain the growth further. Is it like a white grain like spot? You may want to start QT your fish before adding them to the main tank to prevent the spread of parisites and diseases.

Back
Top Bottom