DARN ANENOMIES....HELP....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought two LT anenomies about five to six months ago and they were doing great but about a month ago one of them started getting smaller and smaller??? then I couldn't find him anymore so I assumed he got so small someone ate him. Then my other one started looking horrible the shortly after that he died??? My water quality is great the only thing that registers is the NITRATE at .10 so I don't think water quality is the concern. my lighting is two 250W MH on a 30" deep tank so I don't think light is a concern either. I also have a huge Xenia and striped mushrooms who never looked better. So if my corals are doing so good and my fish are growing like crazy what the heck hjappend to my anenomies? Any help will be appreciated cause I'd like to try again, Maybe a diffrent kind of anenome???

Thank you so much.[/b][/b][/b]

Did you feed the anenomes? What was our light cycle? Where where the anenomes located? Did they ever move around? If so did you move them back?

I feed them, Fresh mussles, brine shrimp, and clams. My lights turn on at 8 AM and off at 8 PM they are 14000 K and 4 05actinic NO flouresent. I never moved them because I figured they would move wherever they wanted to.

Thank you for any help

Anemones do not do well in captivity. LTA are not the hardiest either, and them dieing for no reason is quite common among anemones. They are very difficult to maintain.

Can anyone suggest a hardy anenome that will do well but still be fairly nice towards my other corals

A fake one. By far the hardiest "hosting" anemone would be a Bubble Tip Anemone, or in the rare hosting case... a condy, bot however may sting and kill nearby corals. There are no gaurentees.

Back
Top Bottom