Dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatwickGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, is my coral dead? do I take it out or wait 4 few more days, water parameters looks ok at the moment, will it cause problem to other species. Thanks

Attachments

• image-957881867.jpg
    image-957881867.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3125582986.jpg
    image-3125582986.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 113
I would say that it looks dead to me. What kind of lighting do you have? What kind of coral was it to begin with? How big is your tank? How much flow is in the system? Did you acclimate the coral to the tank and how long was it in your tank?

Sniperhank said:
I would say that it looks dead to me. What kind of lighting do you have? What kind of coral was it to begin with? How big is your tank? How much flow is in the system? Did you acclimate the coral to the tank and how long was it in your tank?

Hi I did ask forum to identify the coral 2 days ago, I bought 2 tangs and foxface from local man who closed his tank and given this to me very cheap, I don't hv any experience for coral keeping, I got 2 set led lights each has 18white/6 blue lights, 2 water pump mp10 and small korali, filtration done by marisys240 removed bio balls, just live rocks inside and small sponge, tanks been running 6 weeks it's 50 gallon tank, thanks

Attachments

• image-2731847996.jpg
    image-2731847996.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2244761323.jpg
    image-2244761323.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1886216847.jpg
    image-1886216847.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 101
Oh, I remember that neat tank. Well, those lights won't be able to sustain corals I'm sorry to say. I'd be worried about 2 tangs in a 50 gal when tangs require 100 gal min. You might be ok with them being so small, but it will eventually become an issue as they grow. Sorry to rain on the parade man, but it is still a really cool tank.

Sniperhank said:
Oh, I remember that neat tank. Well, those lights won't be able to sustain corals I'm sorry to say. I'd be worried about 2 tangs in a 50 gal when tangs require 100 gal min. You might be ok with them being so small, but it will eventually become an issue as they grow. Sorry to rain on the parade man, but it is still a really cool tank.

No you're right, I talked bout this in the forum few days back, as I bought fishes from tank closer I got all for £50, and I'm going to trade or sell it off soon, they all very happy @ the moment as all of them come from same tank but like you say it's small tank, I might keep regal for months/yr but diff goin to move yellow tang and foxface, thanks

Sniperhank said:
Still, I'd love to follow along with this tank. I've never seen one like it. Make a thread about it!

Thank you, I love to write my experience, as newbie I m learning everyday.

The lights are deff what did yur coral in looks like a type of open brain coral

Back
Top Bottom