Dead and missing Bangaii Cardinalfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rfirman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up one morning and I realized that my bangaii cardinal was nowhere to be seen. I still can’t find him and its been a few days. I have looked everywhere. I think he is definitely dead.

Tank is a 14 gal biocube.
Only other fish is a clown.

I think that he just starved himself and died. I didn’t see him eat for a while. He was getting smaller IMO.
Is it possible that he died and my blue hermit crap ate him along with some bristle worms and my clown?
I also did have a six line wrasse die but that was about a month ago. My clown has been in there for 10 months.
Any ideas why this happened?

Very possible that he died and the CUC ate them. I had a flame and emperor angels disappeared on me too

I've read that bangaii that are wild caught are difficult to get to eat. Tank bred are supposed to be easier to get eating. How long did you have him?

only about a month so i guess you could be right.

If you get another, make sure it's tank bred. Mine are tank bred, and both were eating from the first day I got them.

cool cool i will think about it. do you think my critters ate him overnight though?

and I am going to the fish store this weekend. maybe ill get another one or another six line wrasse. any advise on what would be good for a 14 gallon biocube?

look on liveaquaria.com and look at nano fish... that will give you a good idea of fish that are right for that size tank. If you get a fish that needs a bigger tank it will stress it out and you will have more dead fish

Yes i have visited that site. But not every fish there is going to be avalible at the fish store.

Should i try a six line wrasse again. I have seen people have them in their biocubes and they seemed fine. Idk

Back
Top Bottom