Dead Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MarkW19 said:
Fire Shrimp :)

I did get your PM - looks like a good site :)

Get yourself a couple of cleaner shrimp mate, great characters & will mop up any food the fish don't get :)

I have 2 cleaners & a peppermint atm, hoping to add another cleaner, peppermint & a blood at the weekend of the LFS gets them in!!

Cheers Shelton.

I had 2 cleaners but they died unfortunately!

Must say, I prefer the fire shrimp for colour and character! And my cleaners didn't exactly do much cleaning :p

Oh!

Did you drip acclimate them for a couple of hours? mine are all over my hand as soon as I put it in the tank! they go mad if I have a bit of food for them :lol:

Neither of my fish will let them clean them atm, but they spend all day picking over the LR keeping that clean for me :)

Cheers Shelton

I didnt drip acclimate them (I have with my latest inverts), but they died like 6 weeks after been in the tank and fine. Went crazy when I put food in, and also all over my hand!

Then all of a sudden, they all died about 6 weeks apart.

I suspect it was because they weren't getting any food - my greedy fish get every single last bit I put in! So, I'm target feeding my shrimp/crabs now to make sure I don't make the same mistake again :)

Could be? I suppose the other factor is how long do shrimps live in the wild & just how old were those ones when they were caught?

Cheers Shelton.

Back
Top Bottom