dead/dieing zoa's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurtyboh

Aquarium Advice Addict
When i bought my nem it has these little bumps next to it, they look like they could be zoas or at least were zoa's. Is it possible to nurse these guys back to health? or should i just call it a loss as they weren't in the price to begin with?

P1150133.jpg

I'm not an expert, but what if u split the rock and moved them to the other side of the tank if they were still alive? Wouldn't this get them a better chance of survival? Definitely interested in finding out the answer because I plan on getting an anemone soon for my clowns

They came like that with the nem, if they are not dead yet i will try to frag most of then off.

Remember to be careful when fragging and wear the appropriate gear. Especially as you don't know what type they are. Have fun!

so are they not too far gone? would it be possible to rescue them?

should i be attempting to give them any type of food?

you need to add plankton to the water as food (about a shot glass every other day)...you can also make coral food by finely grinding up shrimp and scallops and adding your tank water to make it liquidy...and just gently squirt the food close to their mouths...

i have seen bleached corals come back to life...but you really need to baby them in order to save them...

instead of cutting the rock ill move the nem, seems like its going to be much less work as the nem is so close to them it would be tough to cut them away without harming the nem...heres to hoping it works!

Where ya able to get the nem off? I know some people use ice cubes...I have never done it so I would ask first before attempting this method

@greenturtle they have never opened up

mysticeel, I read about the ice cube trick, as well as placing a powerhead directly in front of the nem to create an unwanted position, neither worked... I dont feel comfortable cutting that close to the nem

well i guess he is a couch potato and just don't like to move :p...the number one problem with nems is that they move around too much ^^

Back
Top Bottom