Dead Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rambler67

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I woke yesterday morning to find all of my fish dead. They were all healthy and eating the night before. All my soft corals and snails are perfectly fine. Any ideas what could of caused this?

sal 1.022
ph 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 1

What about the temp? Maybe there was a huge temp change? I know that some coral release toxins into the water that can kill everything. Btw, how do you know that nitrates are at 1? Why 1? Idk just thought it was random.

The temp stays at 80 Unless there was a swing at night but its 75 with a 20 gallon sump the temp doesnt swing that fast. nitrates i use the elos test witch has low lvl accuracy. Most of my test are Salifert test kits. And i got it tested at the lfs and they confirmed all of my results.

Could there have been some contamination? anyone clean near the tank with anything? With such good parameters it's a mystery. hmmm...

Thats what the lfs say it could possible be because of they were healthy and dead suddenly like that. I am the only one that cleans anything around the tank. but its still mystery why it didnt bother any of the coral.

Could there have been some contamination? anyone clean near the tank with anything? With such good parameters it's a mystery. hmmm...

My wife wiped out a 55gal 2 tiered Lake Tang shell dweller tank once using Lysol spray in my fish room 1 time. She was "dusting" off the lids with it. :nono:

After the aftermath of that discussion and $500 later to restock, she didn't come near my tanks for 3 months.

That may not be your situation but I would try to think long and hard if anything different or out of the norm happened.

It could definitely be the coprolite. but i cant think of anything of the top of my head. How do i know if its safe to put fish back into the tank?

Back
Top Bottom