First let me say I'm new to this, I'd like to learn why this happened so I can prevent it next time.
Sunday I bought two damsels, a domino & striped. I acclimated them and put them in my 10 QT. Monday they had signs of ick. I decided to use coppersafe. First added some on Monday and slowly added a bit over the next two days (was not sure if taking it right to 1.5-2 would be a shock, plus I didn't want to go over) they seemed good considering they had ick (I know I needed to continue treating for a few weeks), they were eating fine. I was checking Parameters twice a day, Tuesday I had a Ph drop to 7.8 and slight ammonia spike now quite .25 but not 0 somewhere in between. Wednesday Ph was ok, ammonia was up to .50, did a 3gl water change got it back to .25 (btw nitrate & nitrites have stayed at 0 the entire week) also by wed. I had the copper reading 2.0.
This morning test results:
Temp 78 (I turned it up a bit)
This is about what it's been at, when I got home found both the damsels dead, their gills were red. Current tank readings:
What happned in 8hr? I'm a bit disappointed because I've been working extra hard to keep everything at normal. I hope someone has an answer so I know what went wrong :-(
R.I.P. Sumpie & Douggie!