Dead or Alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last Thursday I moved and brought my tank. Ever since I moved my BTA has seen stressed. I normally feed him every Sunday. However, he would eat Sunday when he was shriveled and I once again tried feeding him again last night with no success. Since the move he has not completely opened. Last night my marron clown that has been hosting it is at the other end of the tank. Water parameters are fine however I did have a heater failure and my tank when down to 74 degrees and back up to 82 degrees within nine hours. Bought new heater and temp is at 76 for the last 10 hours. Unfortunetely I think it may be too late. So I included pics because I do not want my whole tank poluted. Let me know when he should be removed, cause I think he is barely hanging on...literally. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 100_0578.jpg
    100_0578.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_0577.jpg
    100_0577.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_0579.jpg
    100_0579.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 147
If I touch the middle of him with a feeding stick he seems close up slightly. He's been like this for a few days. Im just torn between removing him and seeing if he can fight it out.

Any advice...my bta is barely holding onto a rock and my clown is still hosting it. it's face down in the sand with stringy stuff expelling. i know what it looks like when he poops it looks more like his tenacles that are stringy and he is still attached to the rock. my water parameters are fine.

Well i reached in with a glove and slowly and carefully pulled him off the rock. and i took a few more pictures. the stringy ooze seems to be coming from his mouth.

Attachments

• 100_0591.jpg
    100_0591.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_0592.jpg
    100_0592.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 88
i wish I could help ya. He doesn't look good. I would think the fish would know if he died and then stay away. not sure though.

Sorry... Good Luck. Someone will probably chime in.

the fish havent stayed away they are acting normal... when i had the bta in my hands i did the smell test and didnt smell anything

i have led lights and my water is fine. i normally feed him once a week but he hasnt eating since the 6th....and most bta's use light to produce food

I hope he gets better. I would prob just let him be if it were me. I'd be worried to death though.

If he was dead, and you have a good sized CUC, they would be all over him most likely. Id keep a CLOSE eye on it, as it WILL cause an ammonia spike when it goes.

It does look like its going, or about to go. Start testing for ammonia and watching to see if anything starts picking at him. If you see either, Id pull it out and give it a funeral. :-(

It could be expelling zooxanthellae (spelling?) rather than guts...

Matt

Back
Top Bottom