dead polyp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicksgirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a new coral that arrived in the mail with one piece looking pretty sad. It has been in the tank for about two weeks and doesn't seem to be improving at all. Should I cut the dead piece off?

Attachments

• img_1513_734.jpg
    img_1513_734.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 34
I dont believe it is dead. With good lighting and maybe some target feeding it might make a comeback. There is nothing near it irritating it is there?

No irritation - it has looked this way since I got it.... but funny enough, I came home today and at least the polyp in question has widened out into a circle. The color still looks the same but I believe you are right - it's making a comeback!

We can tell that he is still alive. He will make a comeback. Make sure of good water parameters

Water looks good... I can't test for phosphate but all else is as it should be so I am hopeful. These are my first coral of this type and I didn't know you could watch them eat. Last night this guy took two shrimps right out of the water! *gulp* They were consumed by the polyps above and beside the discolored polyp. Do you think this means the weaker polyp will be receiving nutrition?

Here is mine. Took this pic today.

Attachments

• 100_0465_160.jpg
    100_0465_160.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom