Dead six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rfirman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got my six line wrasse about a week ago but he recently died and i have no idea why.
I thought he was sleeping but he was hanging fron a rock by his tail. I thought he was sleeping because of the mucus around him. But i grabed him with my hand to try to wake him but he was dead as i saw he was being eaten by other critters in my tank.
I do have a clown and a banghi cardinal but they seemed to be getting along perfectly so I dont think it had to do anything with them.

However I did remove my peppermint shrimp a couple days a go and i had to move around some rocks to actually get them. Could moving the rocks cause to much stress on the six line? Was it a mini nitrate spike? If so why didnt my other fish die?

Any thoughts?

ya eating just fine. and i dont think it was me moving the rocks because that was two days before.

i dont think i did. did the water change the same time i moved the rocks. and i am really serious about water changes once a week.
He was in there a week so idk.
I got him from petco is that the reason. they wernt taking care of him...?

When dealing, especially with wild caught fish, there is always a risk the fish had parasites internally or was just stressed to death before you got him. I have a frag tank I hold new fish in to give them time to recover before entering the reef population. That has helped.

Back
Top Bottom