dead spot eliminator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

echo7

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi all i just wanted to know what you thought of this idea.
i was thinking about dead zones in a reef tank. then i remembered that one of the ideas of plant warmers was to provide constant water circulation and heat a plants roots. for those of you unfamiliar with plant warmers- they are heating coils put on the bottom of the gravel in a planted tank. by heating the bottom of the tank it heats the water around it, and warm water rises forcing the cooler water to sink. this would create a slower sort of flow that would constantly be turning over the tank's water volume. do you think this would keep organic compounds from building up?
thnx alot
oh ya on live sand would you put this in on the upper layer so as not to disturb the plenum?

if the intent is to keep detritus from building up, I don't think a warmer as you describe would produce adequate flow to stop any build up. Your best bet is really just positioning your PHs so there's isn't any dead spots.

Is your tank already set up? I would not use a plenum if you haven't already started your tank. You want to build up an anerobic area to facilitate the removal of NO3.

Back
Top Bottom