Dead Tang!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lando, I'm so sorry for the loss of your tang. :-( As someone else pointed out, hopefully more fish will gain from your loss and we'll all learn something about feeding our fish here.

I've read that article before, but it isn't clear to me how I should change my fishes diet. What and how often are you feeding your tangs? I get from the article that the diet should be varied, but quite frankly, I'm not sure what that means when it comes to Tangs. What kinds of food are you feeding yours? I'm doing nori on a clip every other day, but other than that, he gets just what the other fish get (formula 1 & 2, some flake and some pellet).

I'm starting to worry now, my naso will ONLY eat nori. She won't touch anything else. I have ordered sea veggies to suppliment her diet. Anything thoughts on this.

p18006b.jpg

This is it's description:
Highly nutritious natural seaweeds for your herbivorous species, SeaVeggies are an excellent source of vitamins B6, B12, A, B1, B2, B3, C and E, Iron, Iodide, Potassium Trace elements and natural igments.

Any thoughs on if this will be good enough to keep her healthy?
So far she is very happy and healthy. (would like her to stay that way)

Thanks,
Jim

People underestimate prefab foods too much I think. Many can still be a good addition to the food rotation provided there is a variety. Fresh when possible should still be factored in somewhere. If at first the fish ingores something, don't give up. Keep rotating the food item in every so often and be sure it stays in the tank for at least ½ a day and always place it in the same place. Fish become more at ease with familiarity. Hard vegetable items should be blanched/frozen prior to feeding to soften them up a bit. I just use frozen broccoli fluorets from the grocers. Believe it or not all my fish eat the stuff including the trigger, although the clowns don't seem interested.

You can also alter the balance of a blender mush to weigh more on the side of herbavor items as apposed to meat. The scent can often be enticing to even the pickest eaters. Peas, carrots, spinach and such will easily blend with the meat and adhere to the mixture. Kinda like hiding meds in something sweet for kids.

Cheers
Steve

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom