Death of a peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samwise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After several attempts of finding out why my peppermint shrimps keep dying, I think I've found the cause. At first I thought it was the Iodine that i put in, because 2 times..the shrimps disappeared right after I added the iodine. But tonight, I think I found the true cause. I got back from work and was about to feed the fish when I found my last peppermint being eating by what I thought to be bristleworms. It looked as though it was in the middle of a molting.

After reading some topics here, I think it may have been a fireworm. Just to be sure... bristleworms don't become fat, do they? And if it is a fireworm... I think i've got a ton of them and can i use a bristleworm trap to take them out?

HELP!

Oh...thanx in advance.

Sam

not 100% but im i dont think i brissle or a fire worm could or would kill a peppermint even while molting, i think you still havnt figured it out but alot of people here are gonna give it to ya about dosing iodine and thier mostly right.

Agree, I suggest not dosing anything that you cannot test the level for. Too much room for mistakes.
Most of the salt come with iodine in the mix.

since my tank is only 30g, instead of dosing calcium, strontium, magnesium, etc all in different bottles, i got Kent Marine Nano Parts A/B. Part A has all the major and trace minerals while Part B has a Ph buffer. Pretty Good mix, i get it for about $10 and it lasts about 2-3 months.

HTH
P-MAN

Back
Top Bottom