deep laceration on my pearly jawfish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
it took me some time but i was finally able to get a pearly jawfish from the pet store. it's not the best looking one because it got really beat up during the shipping/handling. but anyways, i took it home and put it in my QT tank. My QT tank has two live rocks and a U-shape PVC. the filter is AC30. Anyways i came home today to find a deep laceration on the head of my jawfish!!!!!!!! almost bone deep. what should i do? would Pimaflex or Melaflex work with wound?

i can't get a pic of the fish because it's hiding under one of the LR. the ironic thing is that i was just at petco today just looking around and actually picked up both the Pimafix and Melafix and debating whether or not i should get it. and of course, i didn't get them when i left:banghead:

Now that I think about it, laceration is an understatement. A hole in the head should be more appropriate. here's some pics I was able to take. This is the 3rd day since incident. The fact that it's not dead is very relieving. also, a dose of Melafix was introduced to hopefully heal the wound. not sure if the wound is too traumatic or deep to heal

Oh the poor thing! Try to keep the water as clean as possible, it might heal if it doesnt get infected.

Oh the poor thing! Try to keep the water as clean as possible, it might heal if it doesnt get infected.

my thinking as well. is there a recommendation for wound-healing medication? Also I rescued a Randall goby from Petco this Sunday as well with its dorsal fin cut. so I got two patients in the hospital tank now

my thinking as well. is there a recommendation for wound-healing medication? Also I rescued a Randall goby from Petco this Sunday as well with its dorsal fin cut. so I got two patients in the hospital tank now

I have no experience with meds, but I wish you luck.

Back
Top Bottom