Detached Mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwright000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A quick question I had a mushroom rock tumble over and a small mushroom detached from the rock. The mushroom looks fine but it is just drifting around the tank as the current catches it. I was wondering if it is possible to reattach it to a rock?

Thanks,

John

yep, i got my mushroom to attach by leaving it there without flow for 15 mins. you may need to use bridal vail/mesh to secure it to a rock while it attaches but yes, it will reattach if the opportunity presents its self.
Good Luck!

I also had about 6 polyps fall off their rock and die one by one....they were sick.
sounds different for you though...the fact that it looks ok, and is floating around.
I agree w/ the above. usew something to secure it while it re attaches

I have used a netting from the fabric store to cover the mushroom for about a week. I covered it tight enough that it won't float away.

I have also let mine just float away and they have reattached by themselves where they can. I have hundreds in the tank and dont secure any but if you want them only in a place then you`ll need to secure them.

Thanks, for all the info. I was able to set it on a rock so that it could reatach itself. Pretty Cool Stuff.

Back
Top Bottom