Yep sounds like the right plan. To reduce stress give him a shaded area or a tube to hide in.
If you see any blockage it if he still won't eat in a few days I personally, cautiously, might try to handle he fish and check in its throat. I was a vet tech--- not with fish--- but fingers can really help when any animal is choking! I've un lodged a keychain, an office chair wheel and plenty of fox tails out of pets(again- use your own discretion! Get a helper with tweezers if you try)
It is totally likely he was picked on and not choking. My partners dwarf puffer hit the glass and acted stunned for a day, he was bent in a strange shape and dazed. He is totally okay now, so who knows?