dieing anemone ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my bubble tip anemone has lost all of its tentacles it was hiding around the back and I spotted it when I was cleaning the tank, I thought it was dead / dieing so I brought it around to the front but within an hour its on the move again does anyone have any advise should I take it out or leave it in and will the tentacles grow back
My tank is 275 litres 2 1/2 foot square
Lights 4 x t5 on timer 10 hours per day
1 x blue figi on timer 6 hours per day
High range pH 8.3
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
Thanks

The anemone's foot seems to be fine when I moved it to the front of the tank it moved and hung upside down untill it moved again, it never got anywhere near power heads or al least I never saw it go anywhere near it. I got the power heads from my lfs at the same time I got my tank and he said they were more than good enough unfortunately I can't remember the flow I have attached photos so maybe you could tell by looking I have one in each corner of my tank (aquareef 275)

ForumRunner_20130114_171754.jpg

ForumRunner_20130114_171812.jpg

ForumRunner_20130114_171828.jpg

Mine did the same there's no saving it just take it back if you can quarantine it or throw it away it's done. Sorry bout the nem.

That looks terrible, but it's not dead. You can't just move an anemone wherever you want. The reason it moved in the first place was because it was not happy. How long have you had it? How long has the tank been up?

Hi the tank has been set up for about 7 months now and had the anemone about 3 months, its on the move again when I got up this morning it had moved back around the back, could it he the water flow could it be worth getting another power head and putting it closer to the bottom of the tank to give more flow there ??

Let it go where it wants to and watch it for a little while. See if it recovers. If it didn't move for the last 3 months, it was happy at that time. Something changed in the tank to upset it. Flow, lighting, or water parameters.
Whenever things look unhappy in my tank, I do a water change.

If you can't see the pictures you will have to click on the gray boxes on at a time and save it you can then goto the location it was saved to to view them

Back
Top Bottom