Discoloration on Clownfish from Toadstool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2Salt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, I know it sounds weird, but I'm hoping that is what is making the color on the top of my percula have a lighter spot. The percula loves to sit under there, it can't sit on top or the Toadstool leather will retract. Is it something I have to be worried about or is it some other disease that I should be really concerned about?

The appetite has not change nor the dominating personality of the fish, the other percula does not occupy that area and has no visable signs of having any lighter color spots.

Look forward to the replies Thanks!

I don't think it is anything to worry about. It just looks like a discolored section, possibly from rubbing under the toadstool, or any other number of reasons. BTW, I just love the second pic! Nice fish!!

Thanks that's a sigh of relief, I think the fish may end up being our female, but I'm not sure, but her color is beautiful deep red or orange, the other fish is a little lighter not as deep. They are so fun to watch! Thanks for the reply Kevin!

-Kaurene

With perculas the largest one is usually the female. This is not always the case, sometimes a smaller more dominate one with be the female. However, perculas as a whole are normally not aggressive, therefore, the largest one is the female.

The one with the discoloration has a tendency to charge the other percula but most the time they hang out together and are realtively peaceful and always happy and hungry when you come close to the tank. She or he has really taken up the spot under the Leather Toadstool yet doesn't sleep there. We are leaning towards an anemone have done alot of research, I wanted to go frogspawn but have read some things I didn't like, I don't want to get anything that will end up hurting the perculas. From the research I have found we can either go carpet, which seems WAY TO BIG for our 29 gallon with 31 pounds of live rock, or we can go a Magnificent / Ritteri if I'm spelling that right which from what I've read don't travel that well but I absolutely love.

Decisions decisions..

I'm just glad they are healthy, our last clowns only lasted 4 days :(

Got tank raised this time and got them from Petco so I figured if they can survive that we've got it made, (horrible huh). :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom