Dispar Anthias acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
IMG_1688.jpg

Pic attached. Have 3 dispar Anthias. Known to be schooling fish... but mine have been anything but. I have one that swims all over the tank and the other two sit motionless in each opposite corner of the tank wide in the open. They all eat fine and swim together while feeding. So strange. Had them for over a month. Acted like this as long as I've had them.

I know I've had a very tough time adding new guys into my tank!

whats your other stock , I have that issue once in a while myself I just leave lights off a few days , I used to put the bully in qt for a week but that's when the next starts in lol

Kole tang - swims like nuts (had tangs before but this one is crazy!), ocelaris angel - a bit agressive sometimes but mostly peaceful (he also does that strange thing hanging out by my powerhead in the corner - heard these clownfish are notorious for that), a blue and yellow tailed damsel (8 years old!! And original tank member - peaceful as can be) and the 3 dispar Anthias.

Back
Top Bottom