Dissapearing fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kdoo624

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does any one know a cost effective way to cure a fish of rotting fin disease. I'm assuming that's what it is cause my clown fishes fins are just deteriorating more an more every day.. The fish store says they don't have room for him.

i thought your friend took your fish.. if your ammonia is still stupid high that could be the cause

Get QT, add anti-bacterial, happy clownfish. If you don't have a QT then you can do major water changes or find a food with anti-bacterial meds within it (I caution you with feeding meds. within a main tank).

Yea it's still the stupid clown fish. I moved him and he looked really good for like a day he looks like he feels good just his fins look frayed.. The other clown fish is nice and shiny black he looks really healthy

well one of the guys i often go to for advice tells me if you have a pair of clowns and one looks ill seperate them otherwise youll be buying 2 new clowns. they are hardy to most fish related disease but you find one that they contract and it will spread to both of them quick. but thats just advice i was given years ago and have always followed

Will do. Does a portable filter sound good for a place to try and heal him?

Back
Top Bottom